Women’s Collegiate National Championships
We are thrilled to stage this event as a way for some of the nation’s top female triathletes to experience the elite draft-legal racing format that will be instituted when Women’s Triathlon becomes an NCAA Championship sport in the years to come. Participation in the Regional Qualifying Events is required for qualification for this National Championship Event. Athlete invitations will be done in a manner to encourage athlete participation, showcase the diverse and deep pool of talent in Women’s Triathlon, and promote the potential of Women’s Triathlon in the NCAA realm to institutions. Any questions about this specific race should be directed to Race Director Bill Burnett.
This draft legal race is limited to 75 women.
The following rules will be strictly enforced:
- Road handlebars only (NO TRIATHLON forward facing bars allowed)
- No disc wheels allowed
- All USAT draft legal rules apply
Other Key Draft Legal Rules
- Athletes must attend pre-race briefing
- Time penalties assessed as "stop and go" with verbal warning or in the Penalty Box.
- Wetsuits are not allowed above 20°C (68°F).
- Athletes must move forward after the start signal.
- Blocking or interfering with the forward progress of another competitor is not allowed.
- Athletes lapped by the race leader will be disqualified from the race. .
- Helmet chin-strap must be buckled at all times while touching the bike.
- All equipment must be placed in your individual transition bin after use.
- Torso must be covered from race start to finish.
- Bicycle must have a traditional triangular frame; wheels must have at least 16 spokes; handlebars must be traditional drop-style with bar-ends plugged; clip-on aerobars may not extend beyond the brake levers foremost line and must be bridged; no bar-end gear shifters allowed. If your equipment does NOT meet these requirements you will be moved to the non-drafting age group race.